内网办公 | English | 中国科学院  
首页 | 机构概况 | 机构设置 | 科研成果 | 研究队伍 | 研究生教育 | 国际交流 | 院地合作 | 学术期刊 | 创新文化 | 图书馆
 
   
  科研成果
概况介绍
获奖
发表论文
专著
专利
在研项目
 
您的位置: 首页 >>> 研究成果
Growth in the global N-2 sink attributed to N fertilizer inputs over 1860 to 2000
论文题目: Growth in the global N-2 sink attributed to N fertilizer inputs over 1860 to 2000
第一作者: Wang, Chao
刊物名称: SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT
学科: ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
发表年度: 2017
卷: 574
期:
页码: 1044-1053
摘要: Cropland expansion and fertilizer applications are among the most important substantial effects of human actions on the global nitrogen (N) cycle. However, questions remain over the fate of anthropogenic N inputs, particularly whether a significant fraction of N-based fertilizers have been lost to inert N-2 or reactive N forms. Here, we combine natural N isotope constraints on the pre-industrial N cycle with global mass-balance modeling to investigate the role of cropland conversion on gaseous N emissions and hydrological N leaching fluxes. We estimate that cropland expansion has been accompanied by >9-fold increase in N input rates to cropping systems, roughly doubling the baseline N budget of the terrestrial biosphere. As a consequence, approximately 10 times more N is exported from modem croplands to the hydrosphere than in 1860, with a five-fold increase in cropland N gases emission to the atmosphere. Atmospheric NH3, NO, N(2)0 and N-2 fluxes increased from 8.6, 16.6, 11.7 and 31.9 Tg N yr(-1), respectively, in 1860 to 17.7, 23.6,152 and 39.7 Tg N yr(-1), respectively, by 2000. Thus, the growth in N-2 accounted for similar to 20% of cropland-driven N losses (dissolved plus gaseous pathways), with the remaining 80% exported as reactive N forms. Although the increase in N-2 emissions has mitigated some of the unwanted side-effects of N fertilizer applications on human health, the economy, and climate change, this inert sink has been unable to keep pace with the increase in N inputs for enhanced food production. Our results imply that, unless new management steps are taken, an increasing fraction of N fertilizers will mobilize to reactive N forms in the global land, air and water systems, thus further accelerating the negative consequences of human modifications of the N cycle this century.
全文链接: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0048969716320903
影响因子: 3.976

关闭窗口

返回首页


网站地图联系我们︱流量分析
@ 2002-2009 中国科学院沈阳应用生态研究所 版权所有. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
辽ICP备05000862号 地 址:沈阳市沈河区文化路72号 邮政编码:110016
网管信箱:webmaster@iae.ac.cn