Title:ProfessorSubject:Ecosystem EcologyPhone:86-24-83970725Email:email@example.comAddress:Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences;Wenhua Rd. 72, P.O. Box 417, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China, 110016.
2006.9-2010.6: Ph.D. (Ecology)
Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2003.9-2006.6: M.S. (Ecology)
Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1999.9-2003.6: B.S. (Biology)
School of Life Science, Liaocheng University, China.
2010.7-2012.9: Assistant Professor
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2012.10-2015.11: Associated Professor
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
I am broadly interested in the causes and consequences of species diversity in plant communities. My current research focuses on how nutrient enrichment and ecosystem management strategies affects the diversity,composition, and productivity of temperate steppe. We have established many long-term experiments to test hypotheses about how nutrient input affects temperate steppe. Many works from those experiment have been published in Global Change Biology, Journal of Ecology, Functional Ecology, Oecologia, Biogeochemistry, Plant and Soil.
113. Shuang-Li Hou, Jun-Jie Yang, Jiang-Xia Yin, Hai-Wei Wei, Yan-Yu Hu, Zhi-Wei Zhang, Guo-Jiao Yang, Xiao-Tao Lü*. 2020. Changes of community composition strengthen the positive effects of nitrogen deposition on litter N:P stoichiometry in a semi-arid grassland. Plant and Soil. (Online first) DOI: 10.1007/s11104-020-04534-z
112. Haiwei Wei, Xiaoguang Wang, Yingbin Li, Junjie Yang, Junfeng Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Xingguo Han. 2020. Simulated nitrogen deposition decreases of soil microbial diversity in a semiarid grassland, with little mediation of this effect by mowing. Pedobiologia. (Online first) DOI: 10.1016/j.pedobi.2020.150644
111. Linna Ma, Guofang Liu, Xiaofeng Xu, Xiao-Tao Lü, Xiaoping Xin, Renzhong Wang. 2020. The retention dynamics of N input within the soil-microbe-plant system in a temperate grassland. Geoderma, 368: 114290.
110. Siwei Liang, Xinchang Kou, Yingbin Li, Xiao-Tao Lü, Jingkuan Wang, Qi Li. 2020. Soil nematode community composition and stability under different nitrogen additions in a semiarid grassland. Global Ecology and Conservation, 22:e00965.
109. Jin Xie, Qiaoling Yan, Junfeng Yuan, Xiao-Tao Lü, Shengli Liu, Jiaojun Zhu. 2020. Temporal effects of thinning on leaf C:N:P stoichiometry of regenerated broadleaved trees in larch plantations. Forests, 11(1): 54.
108. Tian Ma, Guohua Dai, Shanshan Zhu, Dima Chen, Xiao-Tao Lü, Xiaobo Wang, Juntao Zhu, Yangjian Zhang, Jin-Sheng He, Yongfei Bai, Xingguo Han, Xiaojuan Feng. 2020. Vertical variations in plant- and microbial-derived carbon components in grassland soils. Plant and Soil, 446: 441-455.
107. Xiao-Guang Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Hai-Yang Zhang, Feike A. Dijkstra, Yan-Gao Jiang, Xiao-Bo Wang, Jia-Yu Lu, Wuyunna, Zheng-Wen Wang, Xing-Guo Han. 2020. Changes in soil C:N:P stoichiometry along an aridity gradient in drylands of northern China. Geoderma, 361: 114087.
106. Yan-Yu Hu, Seeta Sistla, Hai-Wei Wei, Zhi-Wei Zhang, Shuang-Li Hou, Jun-Jie Yang, Zheng-Wen Wang, Jun-Feng Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü*. 2020. Legacy effects of nitrogen deposition on plant stoichiometry in a temperate grassland. Plant and Soil, 446: 503-513.
105. Cao, Jirong; Pang, Shuang; Wang, Qibing; Williams, Mark; Jia, Xiu; Dun, Shasha; Yang, Junjie; Zhang, Yunhai; Wang, Jing; Lü, Xiao-Tao; Hu, Yecui; Li, Linghao; Li, Yuncong; Han, Xingguo. 2020. Plant-bacteria-soil ecosystem response to frequency of simulated nitrogen deposition has implications for global change. Functional Ecology, 34: 723-734.
104. Xiao-Guang Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Feike A. Dijkstra, Hai-Yang Zhang, Xiao-Bo Wang, Yunna Wu, Zheng-Wen Wang, Jiao Feng, Xing-Guo Han. 2019. Changes of plant N:P stoichiometry across a 3000-km aridity transect in grasslands of northern China. Plant and Soil, 443: 107-119.
103. Tian-Peng Li, Heyong Liu, Ruzhen Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Junjie Yang, Yunhai Zhang, Peng He, Zhirui Wang, Xingguo Han, Yong Jiang. 2019. Frequency and intensity of nitrogen addition alter soil inorganic sulfur fractions but the effects vary with mowing management in a temperate steppe. Biogeosciences, 16: 2891-2904.
102. Zhi-Wei Zhang, Qi Li, Hai-Yang Zhang, Yan-Yu Hu, Shuang-Li Hou, Hai-Wei Wei, Jiang-Xia Yin*, Xiao-Tao Lü. 2019. The impacts of nutrient addition and livestock exclosure on soil nematode community in a degraded grassland. Land Degradation & Development, 30(13): 1574-1583.
101. Jiao Feng, Kai Wei, Zhenhua Chen, Xiao-Tao Lü, Jihui Tian, Chao Wang, Lijun Chen. 2019. Coupling and decoupling of soil carbon and nutrient cycles across an aridity gradient in the drylands of northern China: evidence from ecoenzymatic stoichiometry. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 33: 559-569.
100. Guoyong Yan, Yajuan Xing, Xiao-Tao Lü, Lijian Xu, Junhui Zhang, Guanhua Dai, Wei Luo, Guancheng Liu, Xiongde Dong, Qinggui Wang. 2019. Effects of artificial nitrogen addition and reduction in precipitation on soil CO2 and CH4 effluxes and composition of the microbial biomass in a temperate forest. European Journal of Soil Science. 70: 1197-1211.
99. Gouvide O. Dossa, Yanqiang Jin, Xiao-Tao Lü, Jian-Wei Tang, Rhett D. Harrison. 2019. Small roots of Parashorea chinensis Wang Hsie decompose slower than twigs. Forests, 10: 301.
98. Xiao-Tao Lü*, Yan-Yu Hu, Amelia Wolf, Xing-Guo Han. 2019. Species richness mediates within-species nutrient resorption: implications for the biodiversity-productivity relationship. Journal of Ecology, 107: 2346-2352.
97. Jianfeng Hou, Feike A. Dijkstra, Xiuwei Zhang, Chao Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Peng Wang, Xingguo Han, Weixin Cheng. 2019. Aridity thresholds of soil microbial metabolic indices along a 3200 km transect across arid and semi-arid regions in Northern China. Peer J, 7:e6712.
96. Shuang-Li Hou, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Jiang-Xia Yin, Jun-Jie Yang, Yan-Yu Hu, Hai-Wei Wei, Zhi-Wei Zhang, Guo-Jiao Yang, Zhuo-Yi Liu, Xing-Guo Han. 2019. The relative contributions of intra- and inter-specific variation in driving community stoichiometric responses to nitrogen deposition and mowing in a grassland. Science of the Total Environment, 666: 887-893.
95. Shanshan Zhu, Guohua Dai, Tian Ma, Litong Chen, Dima Chen, Xiaotao Lü, Xiaobo Wang, Juntao Zhu, Yangjian Zhang,Yongfei Bai, Xingguo Han, Jin-Sheng He, Xiaojuan Feng. 2019. Distribution of lignin phenols in comparison with plant-derived lipids in the alpine versus temperate grassland soils. Plant and Soil, 439: 325-338.
94. Tian Ma, Guohua Dai, Shanshan Zhu, Dima Chen, Litong Chen, Xiao-Tao Lü, Xiaobo Wang, Juntao Zhu, Yangjian Zhang, Wenhong Ma, Jin-Sheng He, Yongfei Bai, Xingguo Han and Xiaojuan Feng. 2019.
Distribution and preservation of root and shoot derived carbon components in soils across the Chinese-Mongolian grasslands. Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences, 124: 420-431.
93. Guo-Jiao Yang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Carly J. Stevens, Guang-Ming Zhang, Hong-Yi Wang, Zi-Jia Zhang, Zhuo-Yi Liu, Xing-Guo Han. 2019. Mowing mitigates the negative impacts of N addition on plant species diversity. Oecologia, 189: 769-779.
92. Fan Ding, Shuangyi Li, Xiao-Tao Lü, Feike A. Dijkstra, Sean Schaeffer, Tingting An, Jiubo Pei, Liangjie Sun, Jingkuan Wang. 2019. Opposite effects of nitrogen fertilization and plastic film mulching on crop N and P stoichiometry in a temperate agroecosystem. Journal of Plant Ecology, 12: 682-692.
91. Yingbin Li, Bezemer MT, Junjie Yang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Xinyu Li, Wenju Liang, Xingguo Han, Qi Li. 2019. Changes in litter quality induced by N deposition alter soil microbial communities. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 130: 33-42.
90. Xiao-Bo Wang, Jing Yao, Hai-Yang Zhang, Xiao-Guang Wang, Kai-Hui Li, Xiao-Tao Lü, Zheng-Wen Wang, Ji-Zhong Zhou, Xing-Guo Han. 2019. Environmental and spatial variables determine the taxonomic but not functional structure patterns of microbial communities in alpine grasslands. Science of the Total Environment, 654: 960-968.
89. Hong-Xiang Zhang, Ying-Zhi Gao, Buli Yohannis Tasisa, Jerry M. Baskin, Carol C. Baskin, Xiao-Tao Lü, Dao-Wei Zhou. 2019. Divergent responses to water and nitrogen addition of three perennial bunchgrass species from variously degraded typical steppe in Inner Mongolia. Science of the Total Environment, 647: 1344-1350.
88. Xiao-Tao Lü*, Zhuo-Yi Liu, Yan-Yu Hu, Hai-Yang Zhang. 2018. Testing nitrogen and water co-limitation of primary productivity in a temperate steppe. Plant and Soil, 432: 119-127.
87. Shuang-Li Hou, Gregoire T. Freschet, Jun-Jie Yang, Yun-Hai Zhang, Jiang-Xia Yin, Yan-Yu Hu, Hai-Wei Wei, Xing-Guo Han, Xiao-Tao Lü*. 2018. Quantifying the indirect effects of nitrogen deposition on grassland litter chemical traits. Biogeochemistry, 139: 261-273.
86. Hong-Yi Wang, Zheng-Wen Wang, Rui Ding, Shuang-Li Hou, Guo-Jiao Yang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Xing-Guo Han. 2018. The impacts of nitrogen deposition on community N:P stoichiometry do not depend on phosphorus availability in a temperate meadow steppe. Environmental Pollution, 242: 82-89.
85. Jiao Feng, Ben Turner, Kai Wei, Jihui Tian, Zhenhua Chen, Xiao-Tao Lü, Chao Wang, Lijun Chen. 2018. Divergent composition and turnover of soil organic nitrogen along a climate gradient in arid and semiarid grasslands. Geoderma, 327:36-44.
84. Wentao Luo, Xiaoguang Wang, Jordi Sardans, Zhengwen Wang, Feike A. Dijkstra, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Josep Pe？uelas, Xingguo Han. 2018. Higher capability of C3 than C4 plants to use nitrogen inferred from nitrogen stable isotopes along an aridity gradient. Plant and Soil, 428:93-103.
83. Hai-Yang Zhang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Henrik Hartmann, Adrienne Keller, Xing-Guo Han, Susan Trumbore, Richard P. Phillips. 2018. Foliar nutrient resorption differs between arbuscular mycorrhizal and ectomycorrhizal trees at local and global scales. Global Ecology and Biogeography, 27: 875-885.
82. Guo-Hua Dai, Xiao-Juan Feng, Tian Ma, Shan-Shan Zhu, Zong-Guang Liu, Di-Ma Chen, Yong-Fei Bai, Li-Tong Chen, Jin-Sheng He, Jun-Tao Zhu, Yang-Jian Zhang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Xiao-Bo Wang, Xing-Guo Han. 2018. Large-scale distribution of molecular components in Chinese grassland soils: Differential influences by the input and decomposition processes. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 123: 239-255.
81. Xiao-Tao Lü*, Yan-Yu Hu, Hai-Yang Zhang, Hai-Wei Wei, Shuang-Li Hou, Guo-Jiao Yang, Zhuo-Yi Liu, Xiao-Bo Wang. 2018. Intraspecific variation drives community-level stoichiometric responses to nitrogen and water enrichment in a temperate steppe. Plant and Soil. 423: 307-315.
80. Wei Liu, Xiao-Tao Lü, Wen-Fang Xu, Hui-Qiu Shi, Long-Yu Hou, Ling-Hao Li, Wen-Ping Yuan. 2018. Effects of nitrogen and water addition on ecosystem respiration in different steppes: the role of plant and microbial biomass. Science of the Total Environment, 619: 103-111.
79. Hong-Yuan Ma, Jing-Peng Li, Xiao-Tao Lü, Fan Yang, Feng-Hua An, Zheng-Wei Liang. 2018. Regenerative role of soil seed banks of different successional stages in a saline-alkaline grassland. Chinese Geographical Science, 28: 694-706.
78. Tao Yan, Xiao-Tao Lü, Jiao-Jun Zhu, Kai Yang, Li-Zhong Yu, Tian Gao. 2018. Changes in nitrogen and phosphorus cycling suggest a transition to phosphorus limitation with the stand development of larch plantations. Plant and Soil, 422: 385-396.
77. Hai-Yang Zhang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Alan Knapp, Henrik Hartmann, Edith Bai, Xiao-Bo Wang, Zheng-Wen Wang, Xiao-Guang Wang, Qiang Yu, Xing-Guo Han. 2018. Facilitation by leguminous shrubs increases along a precipitation gradient. Functional Ecology, 32: 203-213.
76. Yun-Hai Zhang, Jing Wang, Carly J. Stevens, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Nianpeng He, Changhui Wang, Xingguo Han*. 2018. Effects of the frequency and the rate of N enrichment on community structure in a temperate grassland. Journal of Plant Ecology, 11: 685-695.
75. Shuang-Li Hou, Jiang-Xia Yin, Jun-Jie Yang, Guo-Jiao Yang, Hai-Wei Wei, Yan-Yu Hu, Xing-Guo Han, Xiao-Tao Lü*. 2017. Consistent responses of litter stoichiometry to N addition across different biological organization levels in a semi-arid grassland. Plant and Soil, 421:191-202.
74. Wen-Tao Luo, Mai-He Li, Jordi Sardans, Xiao-Tao Lü, Chao Wang, Josep Penuelas, Zheng-Wen Wang, Xing-Guo Han, Yong Jiang. 2017. Carbon and nitrogen allocation shifts in plants and soils along aridity and fertility gradients in grasslands of China. Ecology and Evolution, 7: 6927–6934.
73. Meng-Zhou Liu, Zheng-Wen Wang, Shan-Shan Li, Xiao-Tao Lü, Xiao-Bo Wang, Xing-Guo Han. 2017. Changes in specific leaf area of dominant plants in temperate grasslands along a 2500-km transect in northern China. Scientific Reports, 7:10780.
72. Chang-An Liu, Jia-Ping Pang, Martin R. Jepsen, Xiao-Tao Lü, Jian-Wei Tang. 2017. Carbon stocks across a fifty-year chronosequence of rubber plantations in tropical China. Forests, 8: 209.
71. Xi-Mei Zhang, Eric R. Johnston, Albert Barberan, Xiao-Tao Lü, Xing-Guo Han. 2017. Decreased plant productivity resulting from plant group removal experiment constrains soil microbial functional diversity. Global Change Biology, 23: 4318–4332.
70. Xue Wang, Zhu-Wen Xu, Xiao-Tao Lü, Ru-Zhen Wang, Jiang-Ping Cai, Shan Yang, Mai-He Li, Yong Jiang. 2017. Differential responses of litter decomposition and nutrient dynamics of three dominant species to water and nitrogen addition in a semi-arid grassland. Plant and Soil, 418: 241-253.
69. Jian-Qiang Qian, Zheng-Wen Wang, Jitka Klimesova, Xiao-Tao Lü, Wen-Nong Kuang, Zhi-Min Liu, Xing-Guo Han. 2017. Differences in belowground bun bank density and composition along a climatic gradient in the temperate steppe of northern China. Annals of Botany, 120: 755-764.
68. Xiao-Tao Lü*, Sasha Reed, Shuang-Li Hou, Yan-Yu Hu, Hai-Wei Wei, Fu-Mei Lu, Qiang Cui, Xing-Guo Han. 2017. Temporal variability of foliar nutrients: responses to nitrogen deposition and prescribed fire in a temperate steppe. Biogeochemistry, 133: 295-305.
67. Shuang-Li Hou, Jiang-Xia Yin, Seeta Sistla, Jun-Jie Yang, Yue Sun, Xing-Guo Han, Yuan-Yuan Li, Xiao-Tao Lü*. 2017. Long-term mowing did not alter the impacts of nitrogen deposition on litter quality in a temperate steppe. Ecological Engineering, 102: 404-410.
66. Ying-Bin Li, Qi Li, Jun-Jie Yang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Wen-Ju Liang, Xing-Guo Han, Martijn Benzemer. 2017. Home-field advantages of litter decomposition increase with increasing N deposition rates: a litter and soil perspective. Functional Ecology, 31:1792–1801.
65. Long-Chi Chen, Hua Wang, Xin Yu, Xiao-Tao Lü, Si-Long Wang. 2017. Recovery time of soil carbon pools of conversional Chinese fir plantations from broadleaved forests in subtropical regions, China. Science of The Total Environment, 587: 296-304.
64. Xiao-Bo Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Zheng-Wen Wang, Jing Yao, Jizhong Zhou, Xing-Guo Han, Wei-Xin Cheng, Ye Deng. 2017. Habitat-specific patterns and drivers of bacterial β-diversity in China's drylands. The ISME Journal, 11: 1345-1358.
63. Zewei Song, Dunn C, Xiao-Tao Lü, Lu Qiao, Jiaping Pang, Jianwei Tang. 2017. Coarse woody decay rates vary by physical position in tropical seasonal rainforests of SW China. Forest Ecology and Management, 385: 206-213.
62. Zhu-Wen Xu, Hai-Yan Ren, Ivano Brunner, Jinfei Yin, Heyong Liu, Deliang Kong, Xiao-Tao Lü, Tao Sun, Jiangping Cai, Ruzhen Wang, Yongyong Zhang, Peng He, Xingguo Han, Shiqiang Wan, Yong Jiang. 2017. Experimentally increased water and nitrogen affect root production and vertical allocation of an old-field grassland. Plant and Soil, 412: 369-380.
61. Wentao Luo, Jordi Sardans, Feike A. Dijkstra, Josep Penuelas, Xiao-Tao Lü, Honghui Wu, Edith Bai, Zhengwen Wang, Xingguo Han, Yong Jiang. 2016. Thresholds in decoupled soil-plant elements under changing climatic conditions. Plant and Soil, 409: 159-173.
60. Chao Wang, Dongwei Liu, Wentao Luo, Yunting Fang, Xiaobo Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Yong Jiang, Xingguo Han, Edith Bai. 2016. Variations in leaf carbon isotope composition along an arid and semi-arid grassland transect in Northern China. Journal of Plant Ecology, 9: 576-585.
59. Min Long, Hong-Hui Wu, Melinda D. Smith, Kimberly J. La Pierre, Xiao-Tao Lü, Hai-Yang Zhang, Xing-Guo Han, Qiang Yu. 2016. Nitrogen deposition promotes phosphorus uptake of plants in a semi-arid temperate grassland. Plant and Soil, 408: 475-484.
58. Xiaoguang Wang, Seeta A. Sistla, Xiaobo Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Xing-Guo Han. 2016. Carbon and nitrogen contents in particle-size fractions of topsoil along a 3000 km aridity gradient in northern China. Biogeosciences, 13: 3635-3646.
57. Zhi-Ping Wang, Qian Gu, Feng-Dan Deng, Jian-Hui Huang, J. Patrick Megonigal, Qiang Yu, Xiao-Tao Lü, Ling-Hao Li, Scott Chang, Yun-Hai Zhang, Jin-Chao Feng, Xing-Guo Han. 2016. Methane emissions from the trunks of living trees on drained soils. New Phytologist, 211: 429-439.
56. Jiao Feng, Benjamin L. Turner, Xiao-Tao Lü, Zhen-Hua Chen, Kai Wei, Jihui Tian, Chao Wang, Wentao Luo, Li-Jun Chen*. 2016. Phosphorus transformations along a large-scale climosequence in arid and semi-arid grasslands of northern China. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 30: 1264-1275.
55. Haiyang Zhang, Qiang Yu, Xiao-Tao Lü, Susan E. Trumbore, Jun-Jie Yang, Xingguo Han. 2016. Impacts of leguminous shrub encroachment on neighboring grasses include transfer of fixed-nitrogen. Oecologia, 180: 1213-1222.
54. Tao Sun, Lili Dong, Zhengwen Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Zijun Mao. 2016. Effects of long-term nitrogen deposition on fine root decomposition and its extracellular enzyme. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 93: 50-59.
53. Luo WT, Dijkstra FA, Bai E, Feng J, Lü XT, Wang C, Wu HH, Li MH, Han XG, Jiang Y*. 2016. A threshold reveals decoupled relationship of sulfur with carbon and nitrogen in soils across arid and semi-arid grasslands in northern China. Biogeochemistry, 127:141-153.
52. Xiao-Tao Lü*, Sasha Reed, Qiang Yu, Xingguo Han. 2016. Nutrient resorption helps drive intra-specific coupling of foliar nitrogen and phosphorus under nutrient-enriched conditions. Plant and Soil, 398:111-120.
51. Yunhai Zhang, Michel Loreau, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Nianpeng He, Guangming Zhang, Xingguo Han*. 2016. Nitrogen enrichment weakens ecosystem stability through decreased species asynchrony and population stability in a temperate grassland. Global Change Biology. 22: 1445-1455.
50. Yunhai Zhang, Carly Stevens, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Nianpeng He, Jianhui Huang, Xingguo Han*. 2016. Fewer new species colonize at low frequency N addition in a temperate grassland. Functional Ecology. 30: 1247-1256.
49. Tao Yan, Xiao-Tao Lü, Kai Yang, Jiao-Jun Zhu. 2016. Leaf nutrient dynamics and nutrient resorption: a comparison between larch plantations and adjacent secondary forests in Northeast China. Journal of Plant Ecology, 9: 165-173.
48. Xiao-Tao Lü*, Gregoire Freschet, Elena Kazakou, Zheng-Wen Wang, Li-Shi Zhou, Xing-Guo Han. 2015. Contrasting responses in leaf nutrient-use strategies of two dominant grass species along a 30-yr temperate steppe grazing exclusion chronosequence. Plant and Soil, 387: 69-79.
47. Xiaobo Wang, Joy D. Van Nostrand, Ye Deng, Xiao-Tao Lü, Chao Wang, Jizhong Zhou, Xingguo Han. 2015. Scale-dependent effects of climate and geographic distance on bacterial diversity patterns across northern China’s grasslands. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 91(12): fiv133.
46. Wentao Luo, Jame J. Elser, Xiao-Tao Lü, Zhengwen Wang, Edith Bai, Caifeng Yan, Chao Wang, Maihe Li, Niklaus E. Zimmermann, Zhuwen Xu, Hui Li, Yunna Wu, Yong Jiang*. 2015. Plant nutrients do not covary with soil nutrients under changing climatic conditions. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 29(8): 1298-1308.
45. Yunhai Zhang*, Jinchao Feng, Forest Isbell, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Xingguo Han*. 2015. Productivity depends more on the rate than the frequency of N addition in a temeprate grassland. Scientific Reports, 5:12558.
44. Linna Ma, Chengyuan Guo, Xiao-Tao Lü, Shan Yuan, Renzhong Wang. 2015. Soil moisture and land use are major determinants of soil microbial community composition and biomass at a regional scale in northeastern China. Biogeosciences, 12:2585-2596.
43. Hongyuan Ma, Haoyu Yang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Yuepeng Pan, Haitao Wu, Zhengwei Liang, Mark K.J. Ooi. 2015. Does high pH give a reliable assessment of the effect of alkaline soil on seed germination? A case study with Leymus chinensis (Poaceae). Plant and Soil, 394: 35-43.
42. Xueyong Pang, Biao Zhu, Xiao-Tao Lü, Weixin Cheng*. 2015. Labile substrate availability controls temperature sensitivity of organic carbon decomposition at different soil depths. Biogeochemistry, 126: 85-98.
41. Hong-Xiang Zhang, Guang-Ming Zhang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Dao-Wei Zhou, Xing-Guo Han. 2015. Salt tolerance during seed germination and early seedling stages of 12 halophytes. Plant and Soil, 388: 229-241.
40. Qiu-Shi Ning, Qian Gu, Ju-Pei Shen, Xiao-Tao Lü, Jun-Jie Yang, Xi-Mei Zhang, Ji-Zheng He, Jian-Hui Huang, Hong Wang, Zhi-Hong Xu, Xing-Guo Han. 2015. Effects of nitrogen deposition rates and frequencies on the abundance of soil nitrogen-related functional genes in temperate grassland of northern China. Journal of Soils and Sediments, 15: 694-704.
39. Hai-Yan Ren, Zhu-Wen Xu, Jian-Hui Huang, Xiao-Tao Lü, De-Hui Zeng, Zhi-You Yuan, Xing-Guo Han, Yun-Ting Fang. 2015. Increased precipitation induces a positive plant-soil feedback in a semi-arid grassland. Plant and Soil, 389: 211-223.
38. Xiao-Tao Lü*, Feike Dijkstra, Deliang Kong, Zheng-Wen Wang, Xing-Guo Han. 2014. Plant nitrogen uptake drives responses of productivity to nitrogen and water addition in a grassland. Scientific Reports, 4: 4817.
37. Yun-Hai Zhang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Forest Isbell, Carly Stevens, Xu Han, Nianpeng He, Guangming Zhang, Qiang Yu, Jianhui Huang, Xingguo Han*. 2014. Rapid plant species loss at high rates and at low frequency of N addition in temperate steppe. Global Change Biology, 20: 3520-3529.
36. Xiao-Guang Wang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Xing-Guo Han. 2014. Responses of nutrient concentrations and stoichiometry of senesced leaves in dominant plants to nitrogen addition and prescribed burning in a temperate steppe. Ecological Engineering, 70: 154-161.
35. Xu Han, Seeta A. Sistla, Yun-Hai Zhang, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Xing-Guo Han. 2014. Hierarchical responses of plant stoichiometry to nitrogen deposition and mowing in a temperate steppe. Plant and Soil, 382: 175-187.
34. Hai-Wei Wei, Xiao-Tao Lü*, Fu-Mei Lu, Xing-Guo Han. 2014. Effects of nitrogen addition and fire on plant nitrogen use in a temperate steppe. PLoS ONE, 9: e90057.
33. Yuan-Yuan Li, Xiao-Tao Lü, Zheng-Wen Wang*, Chan Zhou, Xing-Guo Han. 2014. Linking relative growth rates to biomass allocation: the responses of the grass Leymus chinensis to nitrogen addition. Phyton – International Journal of Experimental Botany, 83: 283-289.
32. Chao Wang, Xiao-Bo Wang, Dongwei Liu, Hong-Hui Wu, Xiao-Tao Lü, Yun-Ting Fang, Wei-Xin Cheng, Wen-Tao Luo, Ping Jiang, Shi Zhou, Huaqun Yin, Ji-Zhong Zhou, Xing-Guo Han. 2014. Aridity threshold in controlling ecosystem nitrogen cycling in arid and semi-arid grasslands. Nature Communications. 5: 4799. doi:10.1038/ncomms5799
31. Jing Yao, Xing-Yuan He, Hong-Shi He, Wei Chen, Li-Min Dai, Bernard J. Lewis, Xiao-Tao Lü, Li-Zhong Yu. 2014. Should we respect the historical reference as basis for the objective of forest restoration? A case study from Northeastern China. New Forests, 45:671-686.
30. Yi Tang, De-Ming Jiang*, Xiao-Tao Lü. 2014. Effects of exclosure management on elm (Ulmus pumila) recruitment in Horqin Sandy Land, northeastern China. Arid Land Research and Management, 28: 109-117.
29. Bo Liu, Zhi-Min Liu*, Xiao-Tao Lü, Fernando Maestre, Li-Xin Wang. 2014. Sand burial compensates for the negative effects of erosion on the dune-building shrub Artemisia wudanica. Plant and Soil, 374: 263-273.
28. Yan-Ming Gong, A. Mohammat, Xue-Jun Liu, Kai-Hui Li, P. Christie, F. Fang, W. Song, Y. H. Chang, Wen-Xuan Han, Xiao-Tao Lü, Y. Y. Liu, Yu-Kun Hu*. 2014. Response of carbon dioxide emissions to sheep grazing and nitrogen application in an alpine grassland – Part 1: Effect of sheep grazing. Biogeosciences, 11: 1743-1750.
27. Yan-Ming Gong, A. Mohammat, Xue-Jun Liu, Kai-Hui Li, P. Christie, F. Fang, W. Song, Y. H. Chang, Wen-Xuan Han, Xiao-Tao Lü, Y. Y. Liu, Yu-Kun Hu*. 2014. Response of carbon dioxide emissions to sheep grazing and nitrogen application in an alpine grassland – Part 2: Effect of N application. Biogeosciences, 11: 1751-1757.
26. Xiao-Tao Lü*, Sasha Reed, Qiang Yu, Nian-Peng He, Xing-Guo Han. 2013. Convergent responses of nitrogen and phosphorus resorption to nitrogen inputs in a semi-arid grassland. Global Change Biology. 19: 2775-2784.
25. De-Liang Kong, Xiao-Tao Lü, Li-Li Jiang, Hui-Fang Wu, Yuan Miao, Paul Kardol. 2013. Extreme rainfall events can alter inter-annual biomass responses to water and N enrichment. Biogeosciences, 10: 8129-8138.
24. Cun-Zheng Wei, Qiang Yu, E Bai, Xiao-Tao Lü, Qi Li, Jian-Yang, Xia, Paul Kardol, Wen-Ju Liang, Zheng-Wen Wang, Xing-Guo Han*. 2013. Nitrogen deposition weakens plant-microbe interactions in grassland ecosystems. Global Change Biology, 19: 3688-3697.
23. Wen-Tao Luo, Yong Jiang, Xiao-Tao Lü, Xue Wang, Mai-He Li, Xingguo Han, Zhuwen Xu*. 2013. Patterns of biomass allocation in temperate grassland plants across a 2500-km transect in northern China. PLoS ONE, 8: e71749.
21. Xiao-Tao Lü*, GT Freschet, Danny Flynn, Xing-Guo Han. 2012. Plasticity in leaf and stem nutrient resorption proficiency potentially reinforces plant–soil feedbacks and microscale heterogeneity in a semi-arid grassland. Journal of Ecology. 100: 144-150.
20. Xiao-Tao Lü, Fu-Mei Lü, Li-Shi Zhou, Xu Han, Xing-Guo Han*. 2012. Stoichiometric responses of dominant grasses to fire and mowing in a semiarid grassland. Journal of Arid Environments. 78: 154-160.
19. Jian-Wei Tang*, Jiang-Xia Yin, Martin Jepsen, Jian-Fei Qi, Xiao-Tao Lü. 2012. Ecosystem carbon storage in tropical forests over limestone in Xishuangbanna, SW China. Journal of Tropical Forest Science. 24: 399-407.
18. Qiang Yu, Hong-Hui Wu, Nian-Peng He, Xiao-Tao Lü, James Elser, Jian-Guo Wu, Xing-Guo Han*. 2012. C:N:P stoichiometry and growth rate in vascular plants: a revision to the current growth-rate hypothesis. PLoS ONE. 7: e32162.
17. Jing Yao, Xing-Yuan He*, An-Zhi Wang, Wei Chen, Xiao-Yu Li, Bernard J. Lewis, Xiao-Tao Lü. 2012. Influence of Forest Management Regimes on Forest Dynamics in the Upstream Region of the Hun River in Northeastern China. PLoS ONE. 7: e39058.
16. Cun-Zheng Wei, Hui-Fen Zheng, Qi Li, Xiao-Tao Lü, Qiang Yu, Hai-Yang Zhang, Quan-Sheng Chen, Nian-Peng He, Paul Kardol, Wen-Ju Liang, Xing-Guo Han*. 2012. Nitrogen addition regulates soil nematode community composition through ammonium suppression. PLoS ONE. 7: e43384.
14. Xiao-Tao Lü, Jiang-Xia Yin, Jian-Wei Tang* (2011) Diversity and composition of understory vegetation in the tropical seasonal rain forest of Xishuangbanna, SW China. Revista de Biologia Tropical. 59: 455-463.
13. Fu-Mei Lü^, Xiao-Tao Lü^, Xu Han, Guang-Ming Zhang, De-Liang Kong, Xing-Guo Han* (2011) Carbon and nitrogen storage in plant and soil as related to nitrogen and water amendment in a temperate steppe. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 47: 187-196. (^Co-first authors)
12. Lin-Na Ma, Xiao-Tao Lü, Yang Liu, Ji-Xun Guo, Nan-Yi Zhang, Jian-QinYang, Ren-Zhong Wang*. 2011. The Effects of Warming and Nitrogen Addition on Soil Nitrogen Cycling in a Temperate Grassland, Northeastern China. PLoS ONE. 6: e27645.
11. Jian-Wei Tang*, Xiao-Tao Lü, Jiang-Xia Yin, Jian-Fei Qi (2011) Diversity, community composition and structure of tropical forests over limestone in Xishuangbanna, SW China. Journal of Tropical Forest Science. 23: 425-433.
10. Jian-Jun Cao, Nicholas M. Holden, Xiao-Tao Lü, Guo-Zhen Du* (2011) The effect of grazing on plant species richness in a grassland on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. Grass and Forage Science. 66: 333-336.
9. De-Liang Kong, Hui-Fang Wu, Hui Zeng, Xiao-Tao Lü, Matthew Simmons, Meng Wang, Xiao-Fang Sun, Xing-Guo Han* (2011) Plant functional group removal alters root biomass and nutrient cycling in a typical steppe in Inner Mongolia, China. Plant and Soil. 346: 133-144.
7. Xiao-Tao Lü, Cun-Zheng Wei, Qiang Cui, Yun-Hai Zhang, Xing-Guo Han* (2010) Interactive effects of soil nitrogen and water availability on leaf mass loss in a temperate steppe. Plant and Soil. 331: 497-504.
5. Qiang Cui^, Xiao-Tao Lü^, Qi-Bing Wang, Xing-Guo Han* (2010) Nitrogen fertilization and fire act independently on foliar stoichiometry in a temperate steppe. Plant and Soil. 334: 209-219. (^Co-first authors)
4. Xiao-Tao Lü, Jian-Wei Tang* (2010) Structure, tree species diversity and composition of tropical seasonal rainforests in Xishuangbanna, South-West China. Journal of Tropical Forest Science. 22: 260-270.
3. Xiao-Tao Lü, Jiang-Xia Yin, Martin Jepsen, Jian-Wei Tang* (2010) Ecosystem carbon storage and partitioning in a tropical seasonal forest in Southwestern China. Forest Ecology and Management. 260: 1798-1803.
2. Deliang Kong, Hui-Fang Wu, Meng Wang, Matthew Simmons, Xiao-Tao Lü, Qiang Yu, Xing-Guo Han* (2010) Structural and chemical differences between shoot- and root-derived roots of three perennial grasses in a typical steppe in Inner Mongolia, China. Plant and Soil. 336: 209-217.
1. Xiao-Tao Lü, Jian-Wei Tang*, Zhi-Li Feng, Mai-He Li (2009) Diversity and aboveground biomass of lianas in the tropical seasonal rain forests of Xishuangbanna, SW China. Revista de Biologia Tropical 57: 211-222.
Talent Student, Liaocheng University,2001
Di-Ao Scholarship, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences,2006
Outstanding graduate, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences,2006
Merit student, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences,2006
Outstanding graduate, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences,2010
Fellow of Youth Innovation Promotion Association,CAS,2014
Lu Jia-Xi Outstanding Young Scholar,CAS,2015